Sunday, November 15, 2009

Successful Book Launch


What an exciting launch of my book The Unveiling. It exceeded my expectations. The setting in the atrium of the School of Continuing Studies at the University of Toronto was perfect. Thanks to Marilynn Booth and Nory Siberry for hosting the event, and to the members of the Academy for Lifelong Learning who offered so much support.

I was thrilled with the turnout of friends, family and colleagues, especially seeing some people after many years. It was a special treat to share this with my daughter, Lisa Lambert of Drowsy Chaperone fame, who flew in from New York. Missed my son, Philip, but he had work commitments in Virginia.

My reading went smoothly and the audience response was encouraging. Book sales were great...sold out my supply of books and have since ordered more. Many comments about the perfect book cover designed by Ray Ferris. Thanks to friends Adrienne Mclennan, Mary Lou Wilkins and Jane Scott for looking after the sales.

Feedback since the launch has been positive and promising. Some in attendance have made suggestions about other possibilities for readings and presentations. Next will come my participation in the forum at the Academy on Nov 18th and my participation in the Small Press Book Fair at the Gladstone Hotel on December 12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment